What you can expect when you visit our office during the COVID-19 pandemic:
1. We have prepared for your visit.
Before, during and after your appointment, instruments will be disinfected with isopropyl alcohol. Surfaces (chairs, table tops, etc.) will be thoroughly cleaned/disinfected. All eyewear touched will be submerged in a sanitizing wash, and proper and frequent hand washing will be practiced. We have also placed physical barriers where appropriate in areas where you may need to interact with a staff member.
2. When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, please park your vehicle and call our office (203) 438-5855 or text (203)450-7345.
Our doors are secured. You will be asked to remain in your vehicle until your optometric technician or doctor is ready to see you. We have adopted this protocol and structured a limited patient schedule to reinforce social distancing within our office space.
3. You must wear a mask before you enter. We are taking steps to keep you safe, please do the same for us.
Homemade masks are okay. If necessary, we will provide a mask for you.
4. You will be greeted by a staff member wearing a mask and when appropriate, a face shield.
Your temperature will be checked.
If your temperature is 100 degrees or higher, you will not be allowed to enter the office.
You will sanitize your hands and be guided immediately to a testing or examination room.
5. Your doctor will be wearing a surgical or N95 medical grade mask and when appropriate, a face shield.
A physical “germ shield” barrier has been installed on the equipment your doctor will use to
6. Minimize interaction and time spent in our office.
Prior to your visit, we will kindly request you provide us your patient and insurance information.
We will accept an email of your insurance card, and we can gather your updated medical history information over the phone the morning of your appointment or once you have arrived at our parking lot. At the end of your visit we can email you a receipt to eliminate transfer of paper between you and our staff.
As of May 15, 2020 | Subject to change